CEO, Registered Dietitian1-306-717-6291
In 2009 I completed a BSc in Nutrition from the University of Saskatchewan and my career began with the Saskatoon Health Region where I gained experience in a variety of settings:
- Acute care/clinical nutrition;
- Primary health supporting the prenatal population;
- Public health supporting infants and families;
- Adult Long term care
I have been in business as a consulting dietitian since 2012 and my approach to nutrition counseling and media messaging continues to evolve as I learn and grow with my clients, as I learn more about the role of discrimination on health, and as the science evolves. However, respectful, weight inclusive care with a focus on building healthy food relationships leads the services I provide. You will find more about our approach, vision, and philosophy here. Today I primarily support clients with:
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Functional gut disorders such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Introducing solids to baby (online course)
- Food relationship counseling
- Intuitive Eating
- Media - television, radio, writing, blogging, social media content
- Professional speaking
Faciliating group workshops and public speaking is a big part of my work that I love! I present to community groups, corporate wellness programs, post secondary schools, and professional AGMs/events.
I hold memberships with the Consulting Dietitians Network under Dietitians of Canada. I'm a member of the Weight Inclusive Dietitians Support Group (Canada).
- Dietitians of Canada/Sport Dietitians Australia Intensive Sport Nutrition Course;
- The Low FODMAP and IBS Strategy Training course from fellow dietitian, Stephanie Clairmont;
- The Non-Diet Approach for Dietitians course by dietitian, Fiona Willer;
- The PCOS Training Course for Registered Dietitians by dietitian, Angela Grassi.
I've had the privilege of working with Huffington Post, Best Health Magazine, Canadian Living, Chatelaine, Toronto Tonic, The Globe and Mail, CTV News Morning Saskatoon, and continue as a regular guest on Saskatoon's Global News Morning. I was a media spokesperson for Dietitians of Canada from 2014 to 2017.
I'm a local food advocate and enjoy cooking! I consider myself a passable home cook with a passion for creating family-friendly, low maintenance, yummy meals. Recipes are shared as part of our Blog under Weekday Meals.
Email any time with questions, happy to chat!