Prenatal & Infant Nutrition
Naturally, you want to give your baby the best start in life. This often requires a great deal of support. We're here to help.
Prenatal Care & Breastfeeding Support
With food aversions, unusual cravings, nausea, and a mish-mash information (and misinformation) on the net, nourishing your body during pregnancy can get complicated. Postpartum, feeding your baby (whether breastfeeding, formula feeding or both) doesn't always come easy (okay, rarely comes easy if I'm being honest). Add in sleep deprivation and recovery needed during the 4th trimester, there are many challenges new families can face. We have options to support you:
1) Meet 1:1 with our registered dietitian and lactation consultant Robyn Price.
2) Our friends and registered nurses, Cindy and Jana are both International Board Certified Lactation Consultants who have been servicing our community for over 25 years. They're passionate about supporting parents with the transition to breastfeeding after your new baby arrives. You can learn the steps to support breastfeeding success postpartum. Check out their Prenatal Power Prep Online Course. Use the code: FIT15 for a 15% discount.
Food to Fit your Baby: Introducing Solids
Starting solids is an exciting time for parents! But this milestone can also bring a lot of questions, concerns, and hesitation. My name is Brooke Bulloch and I'm a Registered Dietitian and mom. My introducing solids online course details the most current evidence, best practice, and experience as a mom. Feel confident and prepared to best support your little eater.
Topics are divided into 10 chapters:
- Vitamin D - Birth and Onward
- Signs that Your Infant is Ready for Solid Food
- First Foods - Key Nutrients of Concern
- How Much Solid Food and How Often
- Baby Led Weaning Concepts and Research
- Safe Textures and Texture Advancement
- Reducing Risk for Choking - Choking vs. Gagging
- Introducing Allergenic Foods
- Milk Products and Plant Based Beverages
- Raising an Intuitive Eater
You have 6 month access to the online course material including the powerpoint presentation, 10 live video demonstrations, and handouts (course handout, Food to Fit your Baby Starter Recipes, and Baby Sample Meals from 6-8 and 8-10 months). After completing the course you can take advantage of a free 15 minute phone consultation with Brooke (or email support).