Infant Nutrition Support
Giving your baby the best start in life can be confusing and it often requires support and encouragement.
1) Simply Breastfeeding Online Course
Cindy and Jana are Registered Nurses and International Board Certified Lactation Consultants who have been servicing our community for over 25 years. They're passionate about supporting parents with postpartum care and the transition to breastfeeding after your new baby arrives.
While breastfeeding is natural it can be overwhelming and stressful to learn when you are sleep deprived and exhausted after birth. Not knowing how to get baby latched deeply can lead to sore nipples and a low milk supply.
Avoid the stress and worry of wondering how often to feed or whether your baby is getting enough milk. Learn the steps you can take to avoid breastfeeding pain.
I'm proud to partner with Cindy and Jana in offering classes that support new parents and their newborns. Check out more about the Simply Breastfeeding online course.
2) Food to Fit your Baby: Introducing Solids
Introducing solid foods to your baby is an exciting time for parents! But this milestone can also bring a lot of questions, concerns, and hesitation. Whether you participate in our small group class, online course or meet with a dietitian one-on-one, we will have you feeling confident and prepared to best support a competent eater.
Topics are divided into 10 chapters:
- A Word on Vitamin D
- Signs that Your Infant is Ready for Solid Food
- First Foods
- How Much Solid Food and How Often?
- Baby Led Weaning Concepts and Research
- Texture - to Puree or Not to Puree?
- Reducing Risk for Choking
- Introducing Allergenic Foods
- Milk Products and Plant Based Beverages
- Raising an Intuitive Eater - How to Prepare for Picky Eating
For a brief introduction and overview on introducing solids, read our blog post here.