CEO, Registered Dietitian, Nutrition Therapist
In 2009 I completed a BSc in Nutrition from the University of Saskatchewan and my career began with the Saskatoon Health Region. I have experience in a variety of settings:
- Acute care/clinical nutrition;
- Primary health supporting the prenatal population;
- Public health supporting infants and families;
- Adult Long term care
I have been in business as a consulting dietitian since 2012. My approach to nutrition counseling and messaging continues to evolve as I learn and grow from my clients and their needs, but maintaining or building a healthy relationship with food is at the forefront of services offered. You will find more about our approach, vision, and philosophy here. Today my primary focus is:
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS);
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS);
- Gastrointestinal health;
- Introducing solids to baby;
- Food relationship counseling;
- Professional speaking
Faciliating group workshops and public speaking is a big part of my work that I love! I present to community groups, corporate wellness programs, post secondary schools, and professional AGMs/events.
I hold memberships with the Consulting Dietitians, and Media Networks under Dietitians of Canada, and with The Centre for Mindful Eating and the Association for Size Diversity and Health (ASDAH).
1) Dietitians of Canada/Sport Dietitians Australia Intensive Sport Nutrition Course;
2) The Low FODMAP and IBS Strategy Training course from fellow dietitian, Stephanie Clairmont;
3) The Non-Diet Approach for Dietitians course by dietitian, Fiona Willer;
4) The PCOS Training Course for Registered Dietitians by dietitian, Angela Grassi.
I've had the privilege of working with Huffington Post, Best Health Magazine, Canadian Living, Chatelaine, Toronto Tonic, The Globe and Mail, CTV News Morning Saskatoon, and continue as a regular guest on Saskatoon's Global News Morning. I was a media spokesperson for Dietitians of Canada from 2014 to 2017.
I'm a local food advocate and enjoy cooking! I consider myself a passable home cook with a passion for creating easy, healthful, and yummy family meals. Recipes are shared as part of our Blog under Weekday Meals.
To learn more about what Food to Fit has to offer, visit the Services or Pricing menus or send us an email. I look forward to hearing from you!