Sweet Buffalo Tofu Bites
This recipe is for all the spicy food fans! If you love buffalo wings, I'm not here to tell you that this buffalo tofu is just like it - but I will say it's worth trying if you're considering adding more plants to your diet! If you have access to an airfryer this recipe is super convenient and the tofu gets nice and crispy, but the oven works too. Want to learn more about tofu and other soy products? Check out this blog post here.
I serve buffalo tofu with garden salad, a bowl of rice and stir fried veggies, or with veggies and dip. Ceasar, ranch, or blue cheese are all great dip choices.
If you're thinking about moving towards a plant based diet, meet with our team dietitian Sydney Wright to help with meal planning and to ensure you're meeting nutritional needs.
1 x 14 oz package extra firm tofu
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
4 tbsp Frank's Red Hot sauce
2 tbsp butter or vegan margarine
1 tbsp honey or brown sugar
1) Open the package of tofu and cut it in half perpendicular to make two skinnier halves. Wrap tofu in paper towel for a few minutes to soak up the moisture.
2) Cut tofu into medium sized cubes and add to a large mixing bowl.
3) Add corn starch and nutritional yeast to the tofu and toss well, coating evenly
4) Bake the tofu in the airfryer at 390F for 10 minutes, tossing half way through. Alternatively, line a cookie sheet bake the tofu cubes in the oven at 400F x 30 minutes, flipping half way through.
5) In the meantime, add all the sauce ingredients to a saucepan and heat until it just starts to bubble, stiring well.
6) Once the tofu cubes are done, place them back into the mixing bowl, add the sauce, toss well and serve.
Submitted by Brooke Bulloch, RD