Greek Quinoa Salad
Developed and written by Brooke Bulloch, RD
Everyone should have this quinoa salad recipe up their sleeve for on-the-go evenings, a quick yet impressive pot-luck side, or for work-week lunches. Quinoa is a gluten free grain rich in iron, magnesium, fibre, and a good source of plant based protein.
You can take this base recipe and make it a complete meal by adding one of the following options:
- Sauteed chicken breast, shrimp, or canned lentils (Low FODMAP options)
- Chick peas or black beans (if using canned, rinse well)
- Pecans, walnuts, or pumpkin seeds (Low FODMAP options)
1 cup dry quinoa
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup cucumber, diced
8 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
10 kalamata olives
1/3 cup feta cheese cubes
1/4 cup red onion, diced (use green onion tips for low FODMAP option)
2 cloves garlic, minced (use garlic-infused oil in the dressing for low FODMAP option)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp garlic infused oil)
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
Juice from 1 fresh lemon
1/8 tsp salt
1) Cook quinoa as per directions for 1 cup serving on the back of the package. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
2) In the meantime, chop your veggies and add to a medium-sized bowl.
3) In a separate mixing dish, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Add to the vegetables, mixing well.
4) Add the cooked and cooled quinoa to the vegetables and mix well.
5) Store in the refrigerator up to 3 days.