Coconut Fudge Pops
It’s been a long winter and the sunny spring weather already has me thinking about fun, frozen snacks. With hot, summer days just around the corner, you’ll want to cool down with these (vegan friendly) frozen fudgy pops.
Disclaimer: this post was developed in sponsored partnership with Prairie Soul Smoothie Co., however, all opinions are my own. Developed and Written by Brooke Bulloch, RD
I recently polled my Instagram following @brookebullochrd and majority voted in favour of a fudgy summer treat as opposed to a fruity one, and I’m here for it! Decadent yet cold and refreshing.
My goal with this recipe was to create something tasty, fun, free of priority allergens, and vegan so that everyone could enjoy it. I also added my favourite Prairie Soul Smoothie Co. Peashoot Booster Cubes - Matcha and Beetroot – for a little boost in fibre, folate and vitamin C. This prairie company grows microgreens and turns them into smoothie booster cubes, cool right?! So not only are they great in smoothies (check out this post here) but can be used in other creative ways too.
1 x 400ml can coconut milk (light or full fat)
1/3 cup sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp corn starch
5 Prairie Soul Smoothie Co. Matcha and Beetroot Peashoot Booster Cubes
½ tsp vanilla
1) Add all ingredients to a saucepan, whisking until almost boiling.
2) Reduce heat to a simmer and whisk 2 minutes.
3) Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
4) Pour into popsicle moulds and freeze overnight.
Prairie Soul Peashoot Smoothie Cubes can be found at the following retailers:
- Sobey's Stonebridge, Saskatoon
- Sobey's Humboldt
- Safeway University Heights/Lawson Heights, Saskatoon
- Safeway Cathedral/Victoria Square/Southland Mall, Regina
Happy summer eats!