Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator
My experience base includes 2 years as an outpatient dietitian in Lloydminster and area supporting a variety of individuals with chronic conditions, gastrointestinal issues, and childhood growth and development. I also filled a 1 year term at Sherbrooke Community Centre in Saskatoon as Food Service Manager overseeing staff, menu planning, recipe development, and leadership projects.
My primary areas of nutrition practice as consulting dietitian include:
- Diabetes care and self-management
- Nutrition for digestive health including Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, and Celiac Disease
- Plant based eating with personal experience as a vegetarian (and a vegan husband)
- Nutrition support for heart disease risk reduction including management of blood pressure and cholesterol
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) including fertility
- General childhood nutrition to support growth and development
There are a wide variety of strategies people can use to improve their nutrition including goal-setting, meal planning, mindful eating, and enhancing cooking skills. I enjoy working closely with individuals to help them meet their short- and long-term nutrition goals using the strategies that work best for them!
I am a member of the Saskatchewan Dietitians Association, Dietitians of Canada, and Diabetes Canada’s Professional Section. In June 2018, I became a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) – a certification available to professionals who have met the standards of excellence in diabetes education, with over 800 hours of experience in counselling individuals with diabetes. I have also focused my continued learning on nutrition related to management of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) as well as mindful eating.