High Protein Banana Oat Pancakes
This weekend calls for pancakes! I had a hankering for them but no pancake mix, and on Sunday morning there is no way I'm getting out of my PJs early to head to the store. I compromised and put together this super simple, no fuss, high protein pancake mix. The bananas add a good dose of potassium, natural sugar and fibre, and the oats add slow digesting, fibre-rich complex carbohydrates that are good for the cholesterol and good for the gut. Between the fibre and the protein powder, this recipe will keep you feeling full well into the morning.
2 medium sized bananas
2 whole eggs
1/2 cup whole, plain oats
1 scoop plain, unsweetened whey protein powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1) Add all of the ingredients into your blender
2) Blend until you have a smooth consistency
3) Heat a frying pan over medium heat (setting at about 4 on your stove)
4) Add a few teaspoons of vegetable oil (something with little flavour like Canola oil)
5) Use a ladel to scoop the batter into rounds on the frying pan. Once you see the pancake produce bubbles it's time to flip.
6) Serve with your favourite topping! Vanilla yogurt? Maple Syrup? Peanut butter and honey?
Makes 8 pancakes
Nutritional profile per pancake: 80 calories, 2 grams fat, 10 grams carbohydrate, 1.2 grams fibre, 5.5 grams protein