Herb and Parmesan Baked Chicken
A recent client had mentioned how bored she was of plain chicken breast. Of course we had a conversation about why she still eats it if she doesn't enjoy it. At Food to Fit, we believe that sustainable nutrition includes meals that are enjoyable and tasty. While I do eat chicken on occasion, I most definitely agree that plain chicken breast are boring! This is a go-to recipe for me that might help shake things up for your next chicken dinner:)
Pre-heat oven to 375F
3 chicken breasts, bonelss and skinless
1/3 cup flour + 1 large ziploc bag
2 eggs, whisked
1/3 cup Panko crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 teaspoon parsley, dried
1 teaspoon basil, dried
1 teaspoon oregano, dried
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1) Add the thawed chicken breast to the ziploc with the flour and shake to dredge.
2) In a shallow bowl, whisk the raw eggs and dip each chicken breast into the egg-wash.
3) In another shallow bowl, add all the Panko, parmesan, and herbs and mix well.
4) Take each chicken breast and roll it in the dry Panko/herb/cheese mix until fully covered.
4) Place on a parchment-covered baking sheet and bake at 375F for ~35 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165F
Submitted by Brooke Bulloch, RD